Top 9 Communications Trends in 2017

With the New Year coming up, we’ve been talking about how the trend next coming trends are coming and leaving faster than ever. Here are the top nine communication trends in 2017.

Personalization

Using cloud and big data, personalization is the human-to-human connection that uses emotions to show that the company’s message is also human. As 2016 was the year of emotions, it has grown to become the latest updated features that can help you create authentic stores fast. However, emotion is also growing to become one of the most powerful tools in business as it has been proven to help build relationships that lead to loyalty.

Using social media sites like Facebook is now easier than ever as you can connect with professionals and automatize it based on the data that is collected from customers who frequent social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.

IoT and Smart Home Tech

With the up and coming revolution of the Internet of Things (IoT) this will result in interconnectedness and smart home technology. So why aren’t we living in smart homes yet? There are tonnes of individual appliances and apps on the market. However, there is no single solution for seamless user experience.

With all the major companies like Apple, Amazon, and Google versed in user experience, we can expect to see significant advancements to come in 2017.

Data-driven Communication

With new ways to reach the audience, digital PR gives us a new range of software in connection with providing customised monitoring, analysis reports and help with company budgeting. This allows you to help with improving the team workflow, distribution, pitch edition and provide knowledge in your PR activities.

Brand commerce

Brand trade allows you to get in more touch with your audience as most don’t remember being offline and gaining instant access to information on products.

Rich media content

2016 was all about great content. It was understood that clients prefer proper content distribution. This trend will continue to through 2017 as companies believe in sending a value that the audience can personally connect. Businesses can use a creative approach to creating rich media content.

Rich Media content includes appealing content such as gamification, interactive tools, videos and more. This allows the content to become more shareable. Sponsored content is also starting to increase in popularity as they permit the growth of the brand’s presence as well as target the broad audience with high-authority resources. Creating a solid web presence is crucial to sending a strong message.

Live video

Do you know how many people use YouTube every day? Over a billion viewers log onto YouTube as online videos are now claiming over 50% of mobile traffic. Social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter have already integrated some forms of video content on their media platforms. In fact, video features are emerging as the medium for interaction.

As brands don’t want to fall behind the trends, they are also adding live video to their marketing strategy. It was also revealed that almost 70% of businesses are using video marketing then the remaining 30% is planning to.

Machine Learning

Over the past few years, Machine Learning has already taken strides to assist and enhance the core search engine algorithm of Google. However, we’ve only seen a limited array of applications. We expect to see plenty more updates in 2017, as there are rumoured to be updated for any consumer application you can think of using.

VR

As the new medium for storytelling, VR, AR, and other technologies are becoming the trend for public relations and storytelling. Augmented reality and Virtual reality has already exploded with over 100 million downloads with devices and tech ready to sell for these applications.

While 2016 was the year of technology education, 2017 is the year of implementation. According to the latest report by Research and Markets, VR equipment and content is reported to reach $4.5 billion by 2020. This is a big difference when compared to $115 million in 2014 alone.

On-Demand Everything

Thanks to modern brands like Uber, people are getting used to the luxury of having everything that wants on demand through apps. We expect to see this technology develop even further as there are already so many apps available for commutes, food deliveries, and even places to stay overnight.

Anyone updated in the tech industry knows that surprises may still come from any corner and developments are rarely released years ahead. What are communication trends are you looking for forwarding to in 2017? Comment below and let us know what you think!

Infographic Provided by: crowniptv.com